AUSTIN, Texas – In the spirit of continually improving care and access for Texans, Baylor Scott & White Health Plan is offering a new Covenant Health Advantage HMO plan in West Texas starting with the Medicare Annual Enrollment period this fall and becoming effective Jan. 1, 2023. Enrollment will begin Oct. 15.
The health plan already offers Medicare Advantage plans in Central and North Texas. The expanded coverage will serve Medicare patients in eight new counties: Crosby, Floyd, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Lubbock, Lynn, and Terry.
"We are grateful to be able to make healthcare more accessible to a greater number of Texans," said Jeff Ingrum, president and CEO of Baylor Scott & White Health Plan. "We're excited to serve additional communities working with doctors, hospitals, and clinics and connect patients and health plan members with quality care closer to home."
"Health care is a lifelong journey," Covenant Health Regional Chief Executive Walt Cathey said. "It is our promise to our community to provide access to high-quality health care, at a price they can afford. The new Covenant Health Advantage HMO plan allows us to keep costs low for those in our community."
The Covenant Health Advantage HMO plan, offered by Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, is available with or without prescription drug benefits. Both plans offer $0 monthly premiums, $0 deductible and affordable copays.
Covenant Health Advantage not only offers all the benefits of Original Medicare, but it also includes many bonus benefits to help reduce out-of-pocket expenses, such as:
- Dental. Covenant Health Advantage HMO plans feature dental benefits through MetLife for no additional premium.
- Vision. The plans provide vision benefit coverage for a routine annual exam, plus an annual allowance toward the purchase of contacts, frames and lenses. Providers must be in network.
- Hearing. The plans offer members essential hearing services not covered by Original Medicare, including a routine hearing exam and an allowance every three years toward the purchase of hearing aids.
- Fitness. Plans include fitness benefits with the Silver&Fit® program. This program helps empower members to improve their health with fitness options, digital tools and healthy aging resources.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) allowance. Plans feature a quarterly purchase allowance from participating retailers for eligible over-the-counter items such as bandages, cold and allergy medicines, and pain relievers.
- And more. Routine transportation and meal delivery services are available in both plans.
Baylor Scott & White Health Plan was honored by U.S. News & World Report as one of only three "Best" insurance companies for Medicare Advantage 2022 in Texas. Additionally, the health plan’s established Central and North Texas HMO plan, BSW SeniorCare Advantage™, was recently rated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) an overall 5 out of 5 stars for 2023, the highest rating possible. Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a five-star rating system. Star ratings reflect a plan's performance and quality outcomes to help seniors shop for health insurance.
"We are dedicated to providing convenient access to high-quality, coordinated patient care with an exceptional experience," Ingrum said.
To learn more about 2023 Baylor Scott & White Health Plan Medicare Advantage coverage options in Central, North and West Texas, prospective members can call 1.800.782.5068/TTY: 711 (8 AM – 5 PM CT Monday-Friday) to speak with a licensed insurance agent or can visit MyBSWMedicare.com. Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll through the CMS Medicare online enrollment center at medicare.gov.
# # #
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital health platform – MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than 1,200 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three million Texans. For more information, visit: BSWHealth.com