COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Baylor Scott & White Health announces the opening of the Baylor Scott & White Clinic – College Station Midtown and The Robert Conte Wellness Center (4035 Texas 6 Frontage Road, College Station, TX 77845). The clinic's services include preventative health, general medicine, pediatrics and women's health, as well as a fully functioning lab and radiological services. The wellness center offers comprehensive health and wellness services, with an emphasis on access to care, health education, nutrition and physical activity.
"We are excited to open our newest clinic and the wellness center in College Station to serve the healthcare needs of this community," said Jason Jennings, president of Baylor Scott & White – College Station Region. "Our goal was to make these important services and educational programs as convenient as possible."
Clinical services include:
- Preventive health, such as wellness exams and vaccinations, as well as blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes screenings.
- General medicine, including care for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, infectious disease, allergies/asthma and anxiety/depression, as well as minor skin procedures.
- Pediatrics, including well-child exams, school physicals and immunizations.
- Women's health, including gynecological care, cervical cancer screenings, diagnostic services and preventive care.
The wellness center focuses on two main educational programs: obesity education and movement disorders.
- For obesity education, the focus is on nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes.
- The movement disorders program provides Parkinson's and post-stroke patients with key educational information about medications and exercise. An emphasis is on movement at home to help slow the progression of the disease.
"The wellness center aims to provide patients of all ages with the education they need to make a true lifestyle change so they can sustain the modifications at home for the long term and stay healthy," said Jennings. "We want to give the patients the tools they need for a sustained, lifelong change."
"Our family is honored to be associated with this beautiful new wellness center," said Cindy Conte, widow of Robert Conte, MD, for whom the center is named. "Robert would have been proud to bring this wonderful resource to the community."
Dr. Conte raised cattle in the Brazos Valley and served on the board of directors for Baylor Scott & White in College Station. After his own Parkinson's diagnosis, Dr. Conte and Cindy created a not-for-profit to serve those in the community who are battling Parkinson's disease.
Click here for more information about the clinic and here for more about the wellness center.
# # #
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital health platform – MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than 1,200 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three million Texans. For more information, visit: BSWHealth.com