Baylor Plano Donates $5,000 To Susan G. Komen For The Cure

Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano president, Jerri Garison, recently presented Maggie Cole, 2012 Komen North Texas Race Sponsorship Chair, with a $5,000 donation to support the 2012 Komen North Texas Race for the Cure®, a 5K run/walk and a one-mile family fun run organized by a committee of volunteers for the North Texas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

"The North Texas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure plays an integral role in the fight against the devastating disease of breast cancer.  Baylor Plano is pleased to support this organization in its mission to save lives and ensure quality care in our community," said Jerri Garison, president, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano.

In a continual effort to provide quality medical care to those battling cancer, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano offers a dedicated oncology unit with chemotherapy and radiation infusion sites. In addition, Baylor Plano offers patients a comprehensive breast program with digital mammography and access to related procedures at three convenient locations: Baylor Women’s Imaging Center on the Plano campus, Baylor Diagnostic Imaging Center at Craig Ranch and Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano Elizabeth Jekot, M.D., Breast Imaging Center in Richardson. To schedule a mammogram call 469.814.5500.

The 2012 Komen North Texas Race for the Cure® will take place Saturday, June 9 at the Campuses of HP and The Campus at Legacy. 75% of the net proceeds from the race will remain in Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Montague and Wise counties to fund breast cancer education, screening and treatment. The remaining 25% of the proceeds will be contributed to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund scientific research.  To learn more about the 2012 Komen North Texas Race for the Cure® please visit www.komennorthtexas.org.

Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano is a 160-bed acute care hospital committed to serving North Texas residents with personalized care and advanced technology on a beautiful campus with hotel-like amenities and all private rooms. Services at the not-for-profit, fully-accredited facility include treatment for advanced spine deformities at the Baylor Scoliosis Center, neurosciences, orthopedics, medical and radiation oncology, surgical weight loss, women’s services, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, pulmonary medicine, pain management, diabetes management and more. Patients have access to digital imaging onsite at Baylor Plano, the Baylor Diagnostic Imaging Center at Craig Ranch, an outpatient department of Baylor Plano and the Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano Elizabeth Jekot, MD Breast Imaging Center. The hospital is the first in North Dallas and Collin County to offer minimally invasive robotic surgery for procedures through the FDA-approved da Vinci® S Surgical System.  Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano ranks fourth on U.S. News & World Report's first-ever Best Hospitals metro area ranking for the Dallas/Fort Worth area and was named a top performer by The joint Commission. Baylor Plano is also a 2010 recipient of the Texas Award for Performance Excellence and houses an Accredited Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commissions on Cancer. Baylor Plano is the first hospital in Collin County to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. Jerri Garison is president of Baylor Plano. For more information, or a physician referral, call toll free 1-800-4-BAYLOR or log onto www.BaylorHealth.com/Plano.

Physicians are members of the medical staff at one of Baylor Health Care System¹s subsidiary, community or affiliated medical centers and are neither employees nor agents of those medical centers, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano or Baylor Health Care System.

CONTACT:
Kayci Prince
469.814.2109
KayciPri@Baylorhealth.edu

Janeen Browning
469.814.2107
janeenbr@baylorhealth.edu

About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital health platform – MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three million Texans. For more information, visit: BSWHealth.com